Area Rug and Carpet Cleaning
Asian Persian Oriental Area Rug cleaning
A beautifully styled and fashionable area rug can add charm to any room, but no matter what type of area rug you have, it is important to protect your investment with regular cleanings. Vacuuming alone doesn’t clean your area rug thoroughly. Elegant Thread Carpet Care recommends deep cleaning most area rugs every two years to remove allergens, dust mites, sand, dirt and hair that are trapped in your area rug fibers. Regular area rug cleaning will prolong the life and beauty of your area rug.
No matter the type of area rug you own, Elegant Thread Carpet Care can clean your area rug on-location or at our plant.
On-location Cleaning Process:
Elegant Thread carpet cleaners are trained to identify, test, and evaluate your area rug for fiber content, and proper on-location cleaning procedure. Having your area rug cleaned on-location is a fast, safe and economical way to keep your fine furnishings looking like new.
During our on-site deep cleaning process, we extract the soil and dust from your area rug. We use hot water extraction with a safe cleaning agent that leaves no residue on your area rug. Because of our van-powered truck-mounted equipment, we are able to extract the moisture in your area rugs so your rug fibers are barely damp. Depending on the fiber and the air circulation in your home our drying time is approximately 8-12 hours.
Contact Elegant Thread Carpet Care to set up an appointment for your in-home area rug cleaning today.
Contact Us Today for Your Free Estimate
Plant Cleaning Process:
It’s best to remove your area rug from your home or office for a plant cleaning every 12 to 18 months so that both sides of the rug may be cleaned. This process is especially helpful if someone in your household suffers from asthma or allergies, as this process eliminates more dust than on-location cleaning.
Our plant cleaning includes:
- Inspecting: We look for fading, discoloration, stains, pre-existing damage, color instability and odors.
- Dusting: This step is essential in cleaning hand knotted rugs because the rug is built on a woven foundation. As dust gets soiled into this type of carpet, the foundation is susceptible to deterioration. By dusting the rug, the dust within the foundation is brought to surface to be cleansed.
- Soaking: This step allows for the full saturation of the rug and breaks-up proteins to allow for the full removal of both stains and most pet odors.
- Shampooing: Our shampoo is made from the finest natural products, and specially designed to not only thoroughly cleanse the rug but also to kill any bacteria.
- Pressurized Rinsing: By using jet pressured water, all shampoo is extinguished from the rug, removing any residue that could cause damage to the rug.
- Conditioning: This process allows for the luster and softness to be enhanced as well as revitalizing colors in the rug, much like conditioning human hair.
- Drying: After sending the rug through a ringer, it is hung in our drying room for an eight hour period. This allows for all moisture to be released, avoiding any risk of dry-rot.
- Fringe Cleaning: The fringe is given separate attention with thorough cleaning and rinsing, leaving the fringe sparkling white.
- Brushing: A thorough brushing is done to enhance the softness and consistency of the rug.
Your Local Rug Cleaning Professionals
To have your area rug cleaned at our plant, call Elegant Thread Carpet Care to schedule a pickup time. We will carefully transport your rugs to the plant and return them washed, dried, and delivered back to you within about 10 days.